View Single Post
Old 08-17-2002, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Good questions...

1) DO the members of Fleetwood Mac NEED a solo career anymore? Why?

They do now, Just to get some of their material which won't be used for the Mac out to the people...But at the same time it would be great to hear MORE Mac material released instead of solo albums (Which are rare these days)

2) Do you think the band wasted time that they can't get back due to their solo careers?

I think there was ALOT of time wasted on solo material. I believe the band should have had, At least, 3-4 more studio albums released than that were actually released. Since 1987 there has been a greatest hits package, a boxed set, and a live album. I would like to have studio albums instead, Wouldn't anyone like to have heard a studio album instead of "The Dance" live album? I would've...Since "the Dance" album there has been only 1 solo album, What were the other members doing in that time makes me wonder...

3) Are the "sum of the parts" better?

In a few place I like the solo material. But at the same time I imagine that the solo material could sound much better in the band setting or that if given to another member of the group for their input just to see how the songs could be rearranged.

4) Which, if any, ex-members would you NOT be just horrendously offended by if they rejoined the band? (not counting Christine)

I would say Bob Welch And/or Peter Green...Welch because he has a cool vocal sound and Green because he can play the hell outta the guitar.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."