View Single Post
Old 08-14-2002, 02:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just a rebuttal to the Kiln House comment...and a bit of explanation as to what was going on at that time (maybe, I just feel a need to respond because of your comments on the Pre-Rumours board regarding Kiln House, as well) :

If they'd taken Jeremy's songs off of Kiln House, it would be like taking Stevie's songs off of Tusk and "putting 'em somewhere else." Jeremy Spencer & Danny Kirwan WERE the only two songwriters in the band at the time...they were the co-front men after Peter Green left. That's what scared the hell out of BOTH Jeremy & Danny is that once Peter was gone, they were left to carry the band...obviously neither had the personality or demeanor to handle the role. That was one reason why Christine was added right before the Kiln House tour, to fill out the sound and have someone with "band fronting" experience. Jeremy had always done his "schtick", and that's what had caused his self-doubt. Beyond the "schtick" he didn't have anything to offer (or so he thought...read his Q&A where he admits to it). Danny was just really weird and overly sensitive, but a heckuva guitar player & songwriter...like Lindsey, his lyrics weren't his strongsuit.

I'll give my responses to the questions and comment on the answers given in a day or two, once a few more responses come in, and, I have the time to go into detail. I've enjoyed reading the responses to the questions so far...interesting responses. And thanks to those who've responded thus far.