View Single Post
Old 08-12-2002, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Questions to ponder...

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD
1) DO the members of Fleetwood Mac NEED a solo career anymore? Why?

2) Do you think the band wasted time that they can't get back due to their solo careers?

3) Are the "sum of the parts" better?

4) Which, if any, ex-members would you NOT be just horrendously offended by if they rejoined the band? (not counting Christine)
1) Maybe from their own perspective they still want solo careers. But as far as I'm concerned, the solo careers should have been dumped a long time ago in an attempt to pump some life back into the band. One of the stupidest things the band ever did was to drift off into solo projects yet again after the reunion.

2) Yes, a lot of time -- years -- was wasted. But again, maybe from their own point of view, they preferred to separate for vast amounts of time.

3) The whole is greater than the sum of the parts, which is the case (though not so obvious) with the Beatles, too.

4) The only former member I'd want back in the group now is Danny Kirwan. The idea of all those various & sundry neuroses all mixing together on one stage just seems tantalizing to me. Tickets will cost hundreds of dollars from the brokers, so I feel that the bizarre, twisted "spontaneity" that would occur if you threw Kirwan back onstage with Fleetwood & McVie & added Buckingham & Nicks would give us all a bigger bang for our buck, as it were.

At this point, I'm gung-ho for Fleetwood Mac as shock theater.