View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Also being fair, I agree with you that Lindsey's Fleetwood Mac songs would have benefited by including more of Christine and Stevie's voices over the years. This particular group of 5 has always been better together than any one of the individuals on their own. They all brought some critical ingredient to the pot that made those first albums fire. And yes, that includes Stevie. She's become an insufferable shrew
and her crap over the last two decades have resulted in a creative permafrost on the band culminating in her getting Lindsey fired and then going out with a ridiculous, unnecessary, and nonsensical version of the band in 2018-19. However, her input and presence was key to their achievements over the years.
agree with almost everything in this post.

the only part i'm not so sure about is "always" in the sentence i bolded. while the sum was definitely better than the separate parts initially, after Rumours, huge fame and huge egos, it all fell apart. here and there glimpses of it resurfaced on some of the songs, but never on the whole album anymore, with all 5. FM fans keep trying to re-catch that lightening in the bottle and keep claiming that can still be the case. Lindsey and Mick and Christine on and off kept trying since the Dance, too. it didn't happen. it's been 40 years plus since it last happened.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"