View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 01:31 AM
Senior Ledgie

Guessing by my screen name, ya might guess just how disappointing the latest news is...

So - excuse me for my ramblings.

In the dream of dreams - the FM of Rumours and Tusk will never be again. Carly Simon once said of insane success, "it's a one time experience, in a bubble, never to repeat, it's that special" - or something like that.

This whole thing feels driven by a deep mourning - of Tom Petty - by Stevie.
She's done this before, i.e. her marriage to her best friend's husband. She's admitted to talking him into marriage and then realizing what a huge mistake it was. Now, we have Tom P's friend and music collaborator, Mike Campbell. Both of them grieving. Somehow, I think, she said the right word at the wrong time to him. Then we have the fact that TP'S death announced on Lindsey's birthday!?!!
I sense a bit of realing and trying to "connect the dots" moments in SN reasoning, setting what we heard yesterday into motion.

It's just crappy - I'm being nice there - what they did to Lindsey. Stevie, in outright gunning for him for whatever her reasons, Mick in his leech-like tendencies towards money, John on his complacenties, and... Christine.... I'm more disappointed in her. I gotta feelin, she ain't going to enjoy this tour. Her conscience might get to her.

On the plus side I get to see Lindsey center stage, minimum 4th row! I get to hear only the songs I REALLY like! And I won't go broke! PLUS, the new songs!
Total heaven ....

Bring it on Lindsey! I'm soooo ready!

So sorry the 'five fireflies' couldn't survive and do it right. I really am.

When you don't know what it is
But you can't get enough of it