Thread: Rosebud Show
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2002, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by joe
Rumours was released on 2-4-77 and the actual Rumours tour began late in that same month so i don't know why you're thinking Mick said they went out on tour in 1977 before the album came out. [snip] So, no they did not go out on the road in 1977 PRIOR to Rumours being released.
The tour is supposed to have started on February 28 at the benefit in Berkeley for the Jacques Cousteau Society, but several people say they saw Fleetwood Mac play before the album was released, which is very mysterious. One fellow Ledgie & a good friend of mine says he saw the band play in San Diego several weeks before the album was released, & he's got a darn good memory.

It's been a very long time since I have listened to this tape, but based on the track list you posted, it's exactly the same tape that Brian & I are talking about. I'm inclined to believe it is a 1977 show -- but not April 1, which was a traveling day for Fleetwood Mac's European tour.

Does anyone remember the article a year or two ago in which Stevie Nicks talks about the "mistake" Fleetwood Mac made by playing too many new songs (from "Rumours") at the band's first show in Kansas City? She said that the audience didn't really get into hearing so many new songs because those songs were unfamiliar to the crowd. This show Stevie is referring to just might be the show recorded on this tape.