View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockawayBlind View Post
I think Stevie's fans would be perfectly happy with her turning her back on FM and focusing on her solo career
I agree with everything you said but this. I have never been a terribly big fan of Stevie's solo career. I fell in love with Stevie as the frontwoman for Fleetwood Mac. I tend to think her solo stuff is, for the most part, vapid pop music. I enjoyed In Your Dreams, but I would easily have given that album up for a new Mac one. I know many people try to challenge me on this, but I truly am a Stevie Nicks fan first and foremost. She infuriates & baffles the hell of me most of the time, but that's perhaps why she's kept my attention the past 20 years.

That being said, I have preferred Lindsey's solo albums of the 21st century to his contributions to Fleetwood Mac (Say You Will). I've actually become a much bigger Lindsey fan this past decade than I ever would have guessed. His solo concert I went to in Austin a few months ago is without a doubt my favorite concert experience, ever. I think his solo albums from this past decade have been terribly enjoyable & engaging. But at this point, after 3 consecutive solo albums, would I bypass a new Mac album for a new Lindsey one? Not on your life! It's time we heard from Fleetwood Mac again.