View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I wish she'd stop being so dismissive of her first solo effort. I love the Christine Perfect album. Even now she refers to it disdainfully.
Chris talks a lot like this. She knocked not only her first solo album but also her last one In The Meantime. I shook my head when she said it was in the pits of hell somewhere. Its an incredible album! Chris is very grounded and never puts on the glitz. Self promotion is not her style. I love how she categorized her 1984 album: "Maybe its not the most adventurous album in the world but I wanted it pleasing to my ears."
It was sad to hear when she was in her depression she would instantly turn off any Mac songs if they were on the radio. She did not think what she did was great and she was not deserving of any praise. She still talks herself down. When the band performed Think About Me....she could have just introduced it as a lost hit from Tusk or something. But she went on to say it was not a hit or something like that. I want to hold her down and look her directly in the eyes and say "YOU ARE THAT GOOD CHRIS"
Lots of artists don't like their first recording. But if I remember correctly she does not have the rights to the album (Christine Perfect) and it was released again when her 1984 solo album hit....trying to make a buck off her newfound solo success. So that move sort of rubbed her the wrong way.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-01-2017 at 04:25 PM..