View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I definitely agree with you nicepace, part of the reasoning I've been saying "Best" instead of "Favorite". As you said, we want everybody to vote for the songs that are Christine's best songs AND deserve to be on a 18 song CD, representing Christine's definitive songs. Perhaps "Best" can be confusing. Perhaps phrasing it as "Pick Christine's definitive songs from each album/poll".

I made them all multiple choice so that I not making a restriction on how many from each album/poll continue, except for the 50% miminum overall vote. One album/poll might have three songs that Ledgies vote as best/definitive while another album/poll might just get one or even none.

I look at a song like "Don't Stop" that is very disliked by Ledgie's as evidenced in the least favorite contest from 2011. However it is one of Christine's definitive songs and should be included in the 18 songs. I wouldn't want Ledgies to not vote for it because they don't "Like" it or they are tired of hearing it so much. Of course it will be narrowed down to 18 songs, so a lot of songs will be excluded - that's what is gonna be interesting when we get to Round 2 in a month or so.

Sidetracking, but with Lindsey I don't like Big Love and Tusk, but they are two of Lindsey's definitive songs - I can't stand to listen to them, but that's not the point! I will vote for them when the time comes.

So yeah I agree with you nicepace. Everybody should vote for what you feel are Christine's definitive songs from her entire catalog.