View Single Post
Old 03-27-2021, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Yeah, we had Hills all over central Indiana. I haven't thought of that toy commercial for years!

We also had(when I was very young) Air(Ayr?) Way, which was the bargain store version of the L.S. Ayres company. When Target came on the scene, they bought out Air Way, and those stores became Targets.

I think it's funny that you remember where you made all those purchases. I no longer remember most of them. I only remember live because I couldn't get the cellophane off it fast enough, to shove it into my 8 track player! Lol

Things I do remember in a freakish way? At my little honky tonk in Nashville, I can play 3+ hours of music on the jukebox, WITHOUT LOOKING UP ONE SINGLE NUMBER. They tell me that's abnormal! GYOW will come on... I'll randomly say, "that's 4005, you know!".
"David, you're a freak!"
"I know".
I was in cult worship at the time so I remember everything pretty vividly. Even when I listen to a CD or hear a clip on youtube, my brain takes me back to where the scratch was on my album and I would have to move the needle along. It majorly sucked when you bought an album and it had scratches on it. Something the younger generation would never understand.
I bought the Stand Back 45 single at Kmart and the Mirage album at SEARS that was scratched like hell on Love In Store. I shared my 14th birthday party story buying Christine McVie in Feb 1984 and not wanting to buy it in front of them until the stereo section at Hills had several stereos on the local rock station and they introduced One In A Million while I had the album in my hands. It was too much for me to take and I suddenly had pride take me over and bought the album with my birthday money. I also remember buying Behind The Mask cassette on earth day 1990 at the Greengate Mall, Greensburg, PA at Record and Tape world. I had bought TOSOTM tape there the earlier year. I bought the Tango cassette at the Monroeville Mall in 1987. I also used to have a very unique poster collection that I remember where I got each one. I became a fan in the 80s so the Mac was sort of a washed up band by then. But these mom and pop stores had all these golden oldies posters or Fleetwood Mac iron ons (gosh remember those). So I had a very unique collection. Some things stay with you. Its funny you remember the Mirage concert with detail yet the Wild Heart you can barely remember.