View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I'm particularly fond of "Wait and See," but the other tunes people have mentioned are great, too. Too bad Chris herself never really promoted this wonderful album, and the other tunes from that period like "Gone Into the Sun."

There are Fleetwood Mac tribute bands out there that are supposed to be pretty good. I'd really like to see a talented woman who sings with a smokey voice and plays killer blues piano present a tribute show covering Christine's early years. It might only appeal to a tiny segment of Fleetwood Mac's fan base, but I think it would be VERY appealing to those of us who care about that part of Chris' career.
The three songs she recorded after the album came out ("Gone Into the Sun," "It's You I Miss," and "Tell Me You Need Me") show real growth in her and in the band. If she'd stuck with that label and those musicians, she would likely have built a low-key but highly-respected body of Christine-centered music, somewhere between Dusty Springfield and Bonnie Raitt.

But, time proved her decision was the right one. Mac would not be Mac without her.