View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
But it is curious that he just doesn't answer questions about OOTC. It's a GREAT album, people love it, and he was coproducer and even cowriter on some songs. It does kinda stick out like a sore thumb that he doesn't remark on it in any way. Again, totally his call but I don't think it's unfair to note it or comment on it.

It will be curious to see how that might change over time…
if you read the rest of what i wrote (as well as what Nicole wrote) you'd have your answer:

because he is probably not asked nearly often enough about stuff like OOTC and Lindsey's solo work!! if we are curious and want certain answers, seems like we need to keep asking him for our questions to get through and he'll eventually answer.

Nicole said she's been sending him 7-8 questions a day, for days. your one question about OOTC gets lost among all hers about Stevie and Lindsey. few people interested and asking questions about Lindsey's solo work probably get way out-competed.

i don't care too much about deeply technical stuff since that's not my field and i wouldn't understand it anyway, but i do care about the process of shaping ideas into music, who came up with what and why. when somebody told the story about Lindsey writing down a sentence on the piece of paper, and then tearing that paper into individual words and giving everybody in the studio a word to build a part of a verse around it, i thought that was a great story (don't remember who told that story and whether it's even true?). i also care about what is behind certain personal stuff / statements that people like Ken managed to make about Lindsey, in particular.

personal stuff like Lindsey's worn out shoes and holes in his shirts and whether he cares about material wealth / appearances is also interesting to me. first because it's hard not to notice, and second because it shows a glimpse into the man shaping the art.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"