View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
yeah I don't think he's ignoring people, he's ignoring questions. And while he has answered some of my questions, he does indeed seem to be mainly focusing on the more 'titillating' stuff about S&L and feeding the shippers rather than talking about being a producer. Say what you will about Ken, but he did indeed talk about the crafting of the songs and how artistic choices were made etc. I almost wonder if Richard is still rebuilding his connections to the band and their circle and answering things in the way he thinks they would like them answered. Who knows. I will say though he has posted some fun pics of Mick and some nice pics of Chris.
Oh, I know he's not avoiding people specifically-it's not possible since the questions are all submitted anonymously. I'm just totally flummoxed as to why he is categorically ignoring any sort of remotely substantive questions about his craft as a producer & engineer. Instead, he keeps answering rephrased versions of the same old tired relationship & drug questions that have been brought up in every FM related interview from the past 40 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It's total shipperville. But he did just say that he doesn't like talking about Stevie and Lindsey's love life with each other anymore because Lindsey is happily married with children and it's disrespectful to assume there relationship is anything other than within the scope of FM.

You see, Lindsey now has a beautiful wife & family. What was relevant quite a few years ago, is not necessarily relevant now. I do not want to say anything that will affect his wonderful family & home life, by bringing up certain past situations
Yeah, the whole shipper focus really turns me off. I'm just so very sick of that aspect of Fleetwood Mac. Their relationship lasted for less than a decade, and ended 40 years ago. LET IT GO. Lindsey has been with Kristin nearly 2 decades now. They have 3 children- one is nearly grown. Stevie banged half of the western world after she ended their relationship. Point being S&L both moved on decades ago.