View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Perhaps I'm naive, but I like to think that there isn't that much of a problem..
Here are my thoughts:

1: I always thought that the "Amish" beard looked very cool. I never thought of it as some sort of decline in health.

2: I thought Peter and the band looked very happy and together on the last gigs. Peter standing and smiling and communicating well. I think his playing was stronger and stronger. (However, his playing was also at its best just before he left Fleetwood Mac...)
Check this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9NNh7zk4JM

3: Mario (bless him!) has told us that the band members are on good terms and still playing together.

4: I think Peter's partnership/friendship with Mike seems much healthier that that between Peter and Nigel. I think Mike understood what went wrong with the Splinter Group. But on the other hand, Mike is only human, longing for money as all the rest of us...

The positive thing though, is that Peter seems much more protected with the Friends. I mean, I myself met him backstage at Splinter Group gig, the same way dozens of other Ledgies did. It seems they had no security. Nigel went off, and no body really looked after Peter. So my impression is that Peter is more protected now. He hasn't even given a real interview as far as I know since he started playing with these guys. In the Splinter Group days you could find him (& Nigel) in every other music magazine!!

The difference (in my oppinion) is that Peter is more respected by the Friends. They haven't even released a single record yet! While Splinter Group would have released several albums during such a period. And those albums were filled with several crappy songs made by so-called "song writers" getting royalties out of Peter's name. The Friend's set lists have consisted of Green originals and blues standards.

I don't think that dates being cancelled automatically means internal trouble in the band or Peter being in bad health. He's 64 old, and if he needs a break they should respect it without questioning.

I don't think living or working with Peter is easy in any ways! But from what we hear, they are still playing together. Perhaps Peter wants to try out new things? Perhaps he wants to stay home for a while? Doctors order?

These are some of my thoughts about this. Maybe too optimistic? But it's Christmas after all!
So I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and thanks for all the great posts!!!
And Merry Christmas to Peter and his friends, and best wishes for the new year!

-Daniel
(This was written without seeing Mario's post above...)

Last edited by dansven; 12-22-2010 at 04:58 PM..