View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippocampus View Post
Hey everybody, 'been I while since I posted.

Anyway, just got back from the show in Paris and now I can finally scream at the top of my lungs that I've finally seen them in concert.

I haven't been keeping on top of things lately and besides the "Storms" novelty, I didn't know what to expect. Hence I was quite pleasantly surprised to see them perform "Gypsy", "Go Insane" & "Oh Well".

I found the band in fine form. Stevie's voice was strong and she gave us smiles galore and plenty of power wails. Lindsey was full of energy and got some wild cheers from the crowd, especially after "Big Love" & "I'm So Afraid". Stevie, Lindsey & Mick each in turn lamented that it had been too long since they'd played in France. Stevie explained that they didn't remember anything of the last Parisian show some 20 years ago on account that they were probably too drunk. She asked Lindsey to put Paris on the tour otherwise she would have to come on her own and sing off a street corner all by herself. During the farewells, Lindsey promised to stop by again "next time"...

A few random comments. Mick's antics during "World Turning" are much more palatable and I was relieved that the vest didn't rear its ugly head err.. pads. Stevie dedicated "Landslide" to all of us, "Paris the City of Dreams". There was a false start on "Don't Stop", some technical glitch with one of Brett's keyboards (apparently it also happened in Stockholm during "Stand Back" I just read). People weren't expecting the second encore and proceeded towards the exits until "Silver Springs" froze them in to place and ended the show with greatness.

I'm off to drown in some sea. Thank you, good night.
Sigh. I should've been there.