View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Groups are different because you're not examined individually. You can be inducted as part of a band because of one of your bandmates' effort. You're examined as a band, not as a solo singer or musician. Totally different.

Tina Turner should have been inducted..... but she hasn't yet. So why Stevie now? What have she done recently?

Why bring Lindsey up into the conversation when you have 3 more members in the band? If someone paid for FM to be in the RRHOF it was probably Mick or most likely Azoff, like he's doing now with Stevie. Mick is the boss, remember? Clearly Lindsey is no one. He was kicked out like an old dog.
No one in the Temptations or the Supremes played instruments... their recordings and live performances were with studio and backing musicians. The members only sang.

Tina Turner, like Stevie Nicks, doesn't play an instrument, but you say she should be inducted. I'm glad you said that, but that weakens your argument that Stevie shouldn't have been inducted because she doesn't play an instrument, if you have no problem with Tina being inducted.

I mentioned Lindsey because he was inducted with FM, and if you say people have to pay to be inducted, I figure Lindsey would have paid his fair share, too. Unless you think he doesn't understand how the music industry works, either? So, like the other members of FM, you must think Lindsey paid his way into the RRHOF, too. Just kidding. I really have no idea, but I'd like to think FM got in on merit alone.

I know we disagree, but I'm glad we can discuss this topic without getting nasty.