View Single Post
Old 08-09-2015, 03:15 PM

I understand, my grandmother is 81 and has Alzheimer.

Yeah, no one wants to adopt an already adult animal, I'm fighting with my father about taking another dog from a shelter. Basically since my dog has died of old age a few months ago he says that taking a dog from a shelter means that He or she will die soon all over again. I'm not ready to take another dog but I won't give up the idea of taking him from a shelter, it's morally the right thing and there are a lot of advantages.

By the way 6/7 years old is still pretty young for a cat, it's like a man in his 40s. Living outside means he will live at least for 10 years more.
Stray cats are always reluctant but if you leave a bit of food for him/her too might become a bit less wary,. But if it has really been abused he/she is probably traumatized and could become aggressive.

I loved my cats also for keeping my garden free of rats and snakes too but there's no way to keep them away from birds, they're the most difficult and then interesting preys. But for that they're also the first target to be abandoned, an old and heavier cat can't keep up.