View Single Post
Old 08-24-2004, 09:24 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitter_fades
It makes sense Javier might want to benefit from his stewardship of these recordings.
Of course he might, they belong to him and he can do whatever he likes. If he thinks and chooses to charge for them, that's his right, they're his songs and his recordings.

Quote:
It's obvious some fans don't agree with the way Javier's playing his hand. I'm not speaking for everyone, but to some people the snippets are more of an insult than a treat. I personally am not intersted in hearing these little bits.
I'm sure it was never Javier's or Marty's intention to insult any fans by offering good size clips of these songs. I think it's insulting to Marty and Javier to complain about them. If you and others are not interested in hearing them and feel insulted, please spare Marty, Javier and the rest of the fans who are interested.

There is a growing trend in thinking that all music should be free, just as the fan sites that host this music and provide the music are offered free to fans by a handful of FM site owners. It's laughable to think that the same fans who are complaining and feel insulted at the carrots being dangled in front of them would actually end up paying for the songs if Javier did actually release them for a fee online. They'd be swapped around in record time. Yea, yea, yea, we've all heard it before, the fans will pay for things just give it to them. I tend to think that group is smaller and smaller and the more music that's provided free since the fan sites started regular file sharing, makes me realize that very few would pay.... and most (regardless of income and ability to pay) would be swapping them left and right.

For the people who feel insulted and are questioning motives, it's simple, don't listen to the clips and pretend they don't exist and let the fans who are interested and appreciative enjoy them. Try not to insult Marty and Javier and ruin it for everyone else.

Thanks to Marty and Javier for giving the fans an oppportunity to listen to this long lost music.