View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
LOL no, I'm a Fleetwood Mac fan, first and foremost. And except for the name Judy Wong, which I've seen often in the liner notes of FM albums, I have no idea who is in any entourage, whether it be Stevie, Mick, or Lindsey. But thanks for confirming that the conspiracy theorists are alive and well here. I thought fiver's post said this woman works with Cameron Crowe, who helped organize this event. In my eyes, she was likely showing her support for a candidate running for office and or supporting her co-worker. In your eyes, she was there solely to spy on Lindsey for Stevie. I'll say it too- gimme a break!

I'm a fan of the band and the members, but not to the extent that I know the names of their family members or friends or entourage. Actually, maybe I should say I'm more a fan of their music rather than the members themselves. I've never really been into idolatry, especially for celebrities. Like a meet and greet for Mick- I wouldn't pay $600 to meet any of them, because, well, it's just not my thing. I couldn't say anything to them they hadn't already heard a million times ("I love your music") but that's fine if other people want to. I don't keep newspaper clippings, or photos, or record every appearance they make. I do buy the group albums and individual albums, but I don't keep them if I don't like them, which is why I got rid of Time, In the Meantime, 24 Karat Gold, and Gift of Screws.
So, you don't know anything about their lives but you're sure it's impossible one of Stevie's people was there to spy on Lindsey. Interesting.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.