Thread: New pic
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Part of me feels a little bad for Mike?
I'm mad he agreed to take the job, but I also kind of get it. He lost his best friend and musical partner so I can imagine he was probably feeling lost as to what he would do now and then this opportunity presented itself so he took it. And I feel like a lot of people, because they always think of Stevie Nicks as being the member of Fleetwood Mac associated with the Heartbreakers, forget that Lindsey has had a great relationship with them too? They worked together, I believe I even read somewhere that Lindsey was around in the studio a lot while they recorded some of their 80s and 90s albums and that he played a little bit on some of the songs but it wasn't credited (don't know if this is true though, I just read it somewhere). Tom himself especially was always hugely complimentary of Lindsey and it seemed like they were friends. When he did a radio host thing and he got to pick the music to play, he played solo Lindsey material. He literally even asked him to join the Heartbreakers!

I believe Mike when he said Lindsey is one of his favorite musicians and that he was sad about what happened. It's probably just going to be a bit awkward for him, being stuck in the middle of this situation, especially considering Stevie's part in it and him probably knowing a bunch of the fans wish it was Lindsey and not him up there on stage.
Yeah, he's in an awkward spot. (Neil too.) I just wish they would have disbanded. Christine and Lindsey could've done BuckVie II, Stevie could continue her solo career, Mick could do his blues and side gigs, and John could retire to his boat. Instead, we get this. And I'm convinced they'll disband after this tour anyway, which will be the last public impression of FM.