Thread: New pic
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
Stevie probably doesn't want a straight-on shot in order to look younger. Remember Live in Boston? She was filmed exclusively from the side for that.

Mike has looked miserable in every photo/interview since he joined. Mick looks pleased with himself.
Part of me feels a little bad for Mike?
I'm mad he agreed to take the job, but I also kind of get it. He lost his best friend and musical partner so I can imagine he was probably feeling lost as to what he would do now and then this opportunity presented itself so he took it. And I feel like a lot of people, because they always think of Stevie Nicks as being the member of Fleetwood Mac associated with the Heartbreakers, forget that Lindsey has had a great relationship with them too? They worked together, I believe I even read somewhere that Lindsey was around in the studio a lot while they recorded some of their 80s and 90s albums and that he played a little bit on some of the songs but it wasn't credited (don't know if this is true though, I just read it somewhere). Tom himself especially was always hugely complimentary of Lindsey and it seemed like they were friends. When he did a radio host thing and he got to pick the music to play, he played solo Lindsey material. He literally even asked him to join the Heartbreakers!

I believe Mike when he said Lindsey is one of his favorite musicians and that he was sad about what happened. It's probably just going to be a bit awkward for him, being stuck in the middle of this situation, especially considering Stevie's part in it and him probably knowing a bunch of the fans wish it was Lindsey and not him up there on stage.