Thread: 1982 Sara
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2016, 06:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillOfTheNight View Post
I enjoy Mirage Tour Sara, I'd rather them have played it how they did than not at all, the only complaint I have about SOTM is Lindsey singing the bridge, that irks me. But one thing that has always kinda puzzled me is the lack of the "ooh-oohs" in both Tusk and Mirage Tour's SOTM. Maybe Christine and Lindsey just wanted to focus on playing. Mirage Tour definitely has the best The Chain performances. I prefer 1975-1976 performances of Rhiannon and I'm So Afraid. I've always thought the inclusion of Brown Eyes was odd since it was from the previous album and not a single I believe, but I wish they'd bring it back.
I love that Sisters is more rocking during Mirage and the lack of "ooh's" as you say. I think Lindsey singing the bridge gave Stevie time to mess her hair up for the spooky dance she did. So I just love all of that. Sisters really matured on the Mirage tour to pure perfection IMHO.
I do retract one statement I made earlier. I think some versions of Sara on Tusk are superior to anything on Mirage. The Live album version of Sara is my favorite. But part of it was touched and sang in the studio so I don't know if it is fair to consider that.
Sometimes on Tusk Stevie would be out of time singing Sara (big surprise, right). That ruins it for me. I like when she catches the timing of the song and the lyrics and music are in sync. Its not easy to catch a version like this but the Live album version is a good example. I don't really care for the 1980 Richfield Sara because she lost her timing and is out of sync for a bit.
I love that Christine was so proud of Brown Eyes that she included it on the Tusk and Tango tours.