View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
There isn't enough detail about that late 2017 meeting at which Lindsey said he was stonewalled over a request to tour for four months. What happened? The firing had to have gathered steam and finally exploded over THAT, not the MusicCares nonsense. If anything, the MusicCares nonsense was emotional and political fallout of the earlier meeting. Stevie and maybe Mick went into MusicCares already plenty annoyed.

Nancy, thoughts?
I suppose it could be a factor, although Lindsey doesn't seem to think it was a major one.

Still, they exploded and were plenty annoyed over what? Lindsey's presumption at making such a request? His unhappiness that he was not granted a few months, a fact which he had accepted (note there is no "refusal to tour" as the band claimed)? Neither of those seem like "firing offenses" to me.

If indeed Stevie was offended that Lindsey presumed to ask for something she had been granted, if indeed Stevie was resentful that Lindsey did not put on a happy face after she had shot him down, if indeed she was angered that he did not say "Yes, Stevie" with enough alacrity, if indeed those scenarios were what primed her to demand he be fired... then that's not much more reasonable than getting set off by a smirk.

I do agree that Stevie must have been thinking about doing this for a while, though. She already had Mike Campbell in her back pocket. Perhaps that's why this all appears so petty (no pun intended). She had to find a reason so she could blame him for his "ouster," but he didn't give her much to work with.

What ticks me off more than anything is the outright lie that he wanted to delay the tour for a year, and saying that was why he was fired.

I hate liars.

Last edited by sodascouts; 10-10-2018 at 04:01 PM..