View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 03:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Stevie's klonopin addiction was just about to go full steam
I think she was still doing coke when they were recording Tango. I met her in June of '88 and she was fine. One of the security guards told me she was in group therapy and it worked. I talked to her for about 20 minutes at a party and she was totally fine, funny, talkative etc. In May of '89 (TOSOTM promo tour) I met her again. She stopped for a pic but said she was in a rush because she had to do another interview. Again, she was totally fine. She had gained weight (even more so than in '88) but she was nice and sweet, smiling & waving at everyone. In November of that same year she came back for her first and only solo concert and when I saw her she was a total mess. She didn't know where she was. She kept asking if she was in Germany and said at one point:"It's great to be in Scandinavia." She was in Holland... And it wasn't just that, her speech was slurring and it looked like she had no idea what was happening around her and didn't care. Needless to say they (the record company people) didn't want me to talk to her and showed me where the exit was. But I've always wondered what happened to her in that 6 month period. It was very sad to see her like that. Wasn't she in Betty Ford when they recorded Tango? Does anyone have a timeline on that? I can't remember.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced

Last edited by The Catdancer; 05-20-2018 at 03:29 AM..