View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
^^^^

I think the issue some people might have with The Beekeeper is just because she changed direction a bit again. It's a much more "mothery" album, more low key (er...low key for Miss T, which is not the same thing as low key for the rest of the planet).

I remember waiting breathlessly to get my paws on Choirgirl and then getting it home and into the CD player and going, "Whaaaaat?" because she changed direction with that one and I wasn't expecting it. It took a couple listens for me to get what she was doing, and then I LOVED it.

Beekeeper took a few listens, too, but now I appreciate it for what it is - I don't love it like I ended up loving Choirgirl but that's okay. Ain't no Little Earthquakes, Pink, or Pele, but honestly, what COULD be?
I do find many of what I consider to be her less strong songs on albums take on a whole new force when she does them live. For example, I can do without the studio version of "Snow Cherries from France," but when she did that live on the Original Sinsuality tour, I was like, "Okay, that completely rocks my socks."

Definitely looking forward to the new album, and a little bird tells me you are correct 'bout that there tour, young lady. Also, I know what you mean about your Miss T fandom being different from your Stevie or Mac fandom. Entirely different animals.
IMO, listening to a Tori album is like getting to know a person. You have to get to know and understand eachother. They're not just albums - they're like friends. And you are always gonna have some friends that you don't always see eye to eye with and you are always gonna have your absolute best friends. Me and TBK don't always see eye to eye but we do get on. Strange philosophy but it's how i see it :P