View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
To me, they really rocked. And Lindsey's sound immediately reminded me WORLD TURNING, don't you agree?

And yes, I heard clearly his voice.
definitely. and Lindsey impressed, especially because people don't really know him and what he can do, so many were pleasantly surprised. i mean he had all his signature moves that are so well known to us, but not to the average person out there, who doesn't know how aggressive he can be on stage and how hard he can rock (i mean, the guy is in that soft rock band, no? ). i love having these videos of him with Trent et al!!

i thought he was really highlighted and his guitar was easily discernible at the beginning of Copy of A. as well as his high harmony (which i personally didn't like much, but i'm always more into deeper voices). once when Homme came in his guitar became louder in the mix and i didn't like it that much since the part he was playing is i think really Lindsey's part on the record, where it's so much more impressive. plus whoever is normally doing it at NIN shows sounds more interesting on that part too (maybe they use prerecorded stuff / loop there, i don't remember). but they were doing it as a group so i guess that's nice, and Lindsey couldn't do both acoustic and electric at the same time.

i liked QOTSA song, thought it was pretty tight although disliked Homme's live vox on most of it. i half-expect head-banging from Linds on that song every time i watch it, lol. he looked like he enjoyed it and had no problem fitting in and doing some hard rocking.

really really hope this album and appearance together is not the end of Buck-Reznor collaborations, and they do something together again in the relatively near future!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"