View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeepingWall View Post
You can hardly tell that Norah Jones is singing on Lindsey's song, and it is "featuring Norah Jones," but he is so prominent on her song and is not listed. Kind of annoying.

I really hope he enjoyed this experience and ends up doing some more collaborations. He is too talented to only be doing his solo records and trying to trick Stevie into recording new material. And no offense to Stevie or her fans, but I really think in some ways her talents are not what they once were, and it is nice to hear Lindsey working with some new people.
I share your sentiments. I would add the reason Nora is hard to hear is because -- if I am correctly identifying the voice track -- her voice comes in at a lower register than Lindsey's. It's almost like he wanted to take full advantage of all that smokiness in her tone to balance his pitch.

Interestingly, I noticed Lindsey's voice has acquired a slight raspy quality, which at his age is very common and adds nice bottom. He should cultivate that and keep recording clean vocals without the whispering and effects, as others have mentioned. In other words, he should act his age.