View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

Chris: "The Chain is the five of us. The Rumours 5 (holding up 5 fingers). That's synonymous to what we're all about. And I was going to leave. That was a complete bust up of the Chain as far as I was concerned"
I keep thinking about this quote, and if she really thought the 5 of them were 'the chain' and one of them leaving (in this case her) was a 'complete bust up' of the chain, of the magical band

She clearly thinks that after she left it wasn't FM, it was really BN plus Mick and John on backup.

How does she then talk out the other side of her mouth and say how great it is to be back and to act like it's the same band??

She goes on several times about how she missed working with them, knew she wanted to come back and work with them again, even went into the studio expecting to do a whole new album with all of them until Stevie put the kibosh on that [notice they've finally given up the nonsense that it was never supposed to be a band album]
but she supposed there just wasn't any other solution.

....loved working with LB on it, he does magical things to her songs etc etc...never says anything about working on songs or singing or whatever with Stevie.

So it all just confirms the obvious - they did the math and calculated that it was better for business to keep her and not him.