View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 06:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
There are movies about mass murderers with zero input from the (now in jail) mass murderers. Not talking about documentaries here. Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood which is out now is a re-imagining of a murder of Susan Tate, Roman Polansky's wife. It angered the family of Bruce Lee as Bruce Lee is portrayed in the film as a buffoon. I doubt they bothered to sue Quentin Tarantino, even still.

And who can forget how publicly angry Amy Winehouse's father was with how he was portrayed in the biopic "Amy"? He couldn't sue for defamation though because they used real life footage of him talking to Amy. The way he treated her was real.
I'm not referring to a depiction of Lindsey (though that's a good legal question; I just don't know), I'm referring to the use of his songs. If you can't use Go Your Own Way in a FM jukebox musical, what's the point?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.