View Single Post
Old 06-19-2022, 05:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I think the RRHOF is total crap. I admire bands like Kiss who bash the hall even though they get inducted. There are no standards and fantastic acts get over looked while acts that are not rock and have a pop hit get inducted first.
Having said that I understand Bob's frustration. He was just in the midst of battling the forces of the band. The band suddenly was #1 again and being honored. Back in 1997, the RRHOF meant something. Today its a joke and no one takes them serious anymore. Bob knew the impact he had on the band. He brought them to the states and transformed the band with the seeds of growth in the USA that led to Stevie and Lindsey joining. Bob knew they would never be on that stage without him. When you realize the mindset Bob was in at the time (feeling being cheated) and then the insult of the band excluding him from the honor, I understand he and his wife's anger. In addition when bands are inducted, they get publicity and their older albums sell. Bob was at the stage in his life that it meant his career meant something. Yet the forces in the band robbed him yet again. Worse still is how the band erased him from the VH1 series "Behind the Music." That took a lot of work to do. The segment says the band left England for the States and hired Lindsey and Stevie. Even worse when they show the back cover of Heroes are Hard to Find, Bob is edited off the back cover. Its as like Bob's era never existed. Its almost like what Van Halen did to Michael Anthony. They tried to scrub him off the band's website. When you combine all 3 factors (royalties, HOF snub, and being erased), how could you not get angry. Oh yeah all this happened when the band reunited and made a fortune. Long story short, I completely understand Bob and his wife's anger. I tip my hat to Stevie for always being so kind to Bob. The next year on the Enchanted tour, Stevie visited him at this house in Nashville. I would have chopped off my left foot to have been a fly on the wall during that get together.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 06-19-2022 at 08:48 AM..