Thread: Brown Eyes
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 01:08 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default From the Ken Caillait Q&A

Quote:
Oh, here's one from the "gossip column". ;-) Back around the time of "Tusk", Mick was working on getting a Warners recording contract for Peter Green...who backed out at the last minute (literally, from all accounts I've read). Would you have been involved in recording that Peter Green comeback album, or was it not quite to that point when Peter said "no"?? Also, many accounts of Peter's playing on Chris' "Brown Eyes" on the "Tusk" album. Were you at the controls when Peter recorded his parts?? Any anectdotes about his being in the studio during that time? (Steve Denison, Long Beach, California, USA)

When Peter came to the Studio we were at the Record Plant, and we really didn't get much work done, it just turned into a big jam session with booze. I listened to those tapes during the box set and they were awful-- just hours and hours of solos, I think Richard Dashut was playing drums, and Ray Lindsey was playing guitar and Stevie tambourine and me console. You would probably have more fun listening to my latest recording of me having a root canal!

Like John Fitzgerald & David Oberman, I too, want to be a "Mac lobbyist" and go on record to say that "If Warners has it in their vaults, we want it in the stores!" :-) I'm not even that picky over format, I'll dig through my parents' garage rafters for the old 8-track cartridge player if they release it all in that format again (h
Sure sounds like Peter to me at the end of "Brown Eyes"
I believe that Peter used the 1960 Sunburst Les Paul that Mick Fleetwood bought for him around that time.