View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I found it interesting that Ken very openly expressed his dislike of Don't Stop. I guess I just didn't expect him to say anything but glowing things about the music he helped craft. It's also one of the most well known, signature Mac tunes. You'd think he'd be heralding it's glories. Looks like he feels the same way as the majority of the Fleetwood Mac community, though... that the song just isn't so great.

Another illuminating tidbit was Ken's description of Lindsey's scorched earth way of doing things. I guess I didn't realize that aspect of Lindsey had begun emerging during Rumours. I cannot imagine the tension Lindsey must have created by either 1) booting John's bass parts altogether 2) basically demanding Mick play exactly what he wanted, and Mick doing it. It really piques my interest that Ken would again be this unabashed with his feelings- makes me wonder what kind of relationship he maintains with the band members these days, if any. I know none of the band members would agree to be interviewed for the book, and I'm starting to see why.