View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 03:01 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
The most important line is when she's talking about writing songs with Neil and she says "he (Neil) seems like he'll be easy to work with". You can surmise who she's implying wouldn't be easy to work with.
Assuming you are referring to LB here... I have to disagree as I don't think it's pointedly referring to him, though.

She's made comments about pretty much all previous FM songwriters over time, and whether they were easy/difficult to collaborate with.

I remember her saying Danny Kirwan was very difficult to work with (they all did), that she couldn't write with him at all, that he wouldn't look anyone in the eyes and was hard to get to know, etc. I don't think they wrote together.

Conversely, she stated that she got on really well with Bob Welch and enjoyed writing with him, that he was a breath of fresh air and easy to work with, etc.

Given their duet album and tour, comments through the years about each other and how songs developed easily when they're together, I have to believe that she and LB are somewhere in the middle.... or if anything, closer to the Welch side of things. I find it hard to imagine that she would have willingly participated in the BuckVie album AND long tour if she thought Lindsey was too difficult to work with. She had no obligation to do that project and certainly not the tour.

Just my impressions...