View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
I assume you aren't counting Stephanie given it doesn't have lyrics..
not counting it because that song was not written for or about Stevie. he said that he didn't have a title for it, so she said to title it Stephanie, and he said ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
I'd like to agree with the above post which said, many of his songs for Stevie are, I still love you if you'd just love me, type of songs. While the common belief is that Go Insane is about Carol Ann, I personally think it's him talking just as much to Stevie, saying I'm going through all of this because I don't have you, I'd rather be with you.
yes - his songs about Stevie from the period early after their breakup seem to be about how much love he has for her, but that she doesn't want that love anymore. Stevie's songs about Lindsey from that period are more scolding him for not appreciating her enough than any love she may had for him (you will know what you lost). even songs from later period - like Thrown Down, don't express her love but want him to prove that he will now be good for her. she seems to crave appreciation from him.

for Go Insane he did answer a tweet recently and said it was about Stevie, too. and most interpretations say it's about both Carol and Stevie, because "she's a lot like you" obviously refers to two different women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I may be wrong but didn’t Mick say all 3 songs LB contributed to the EP were written for Stevie?
i don't know whether Mick said it, but Lindsey certainly did. i guess in It Takes Times especially, maybe trying to give her that appreciation she seemed to have been continually craving from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB Freakazoid View Post
I remember LB saying in an interview that when he wrote 'Stephanie' he didn't have a name for it, so SN herself said, "why don't you name it Stephanie?", and he was like, "ok".
yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlynow View Post
I do think that’s true now. It is an intense song, too.
So this is the link w the weird lyrics. Do u know where they come from?

https://www.google.com/search?client...4GADz9VRaNAAAA
yeah i googled it after you pointed that out - no idea where that song came from. it's listed as LB / FM song too. anyone else here knows?
the song i was referring too was It Takes Time from FM Extended Play, 2013, and definitely not that one at this link.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"