View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 01:21 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
OMG Another thread on this
None of us were there. But when you add up all the circumstantial evidence, the tour dates excuse seems pretty lame.

Jury: Exhibit A

Stevie refuses to join Fleetwood Mac in the studio claiming records don't sell. However that did not stop Stevie from recording 2 solo albums recently and touring to support them.

Exhibit B
Fleetwood Mac did record Buckingham/McVie but dared not to call it a Fleetwood Mac album. Clearly this would upset Stevie or she was pissed the band went on without her.

Exhibit C
The changing stories from Mick. First it was about tour dates. Lately it was just that they did not feel good with Lindsey. Huh? We know Stevie is the only band member who does not get along with Lindsey. Its a fair assumption that Stevie gave an ultimatum …"I refuse to record with him, and I refuse to tour with him" Being the band wants to tour, Mick made his pick and the rest is history.

Back to tour dates. Lindsey's solo tour ends about a month after the Mac tour started. When you lie like Stevie did about touring, you know there is another reason.
What you have posted is a general discussion about the event. It doesn't address the issue of whether the tour would have gone ahead with Lindsey had Lindsey been more agreeable during the negotiations for the tour.

Your claim that Stevie lied about touring is an assumption. So is your claim that Stevie was pissed by the Buckingham McVie album happening without her or that they wouldn't 'dare' call it a FM album. Later you claim to have a 'fair assumption', but it's based on other assumptions based on other assumptions.

Stevie's most recent album was in 2014. There's nothing inconsistent with her having recorded albums in 2011 and 2014, and deciding based on those albums that she didn't want to do any more. And nothing I've seen has said that that is the only reason she didn't want to join in on the album that because Buckingham McVie, so still no inconsistencies. It's clear from various evidence (e.g. SYW doco) that Stevie does not like working with Lindsey, from decades ago, but she has completed a large number of tours with him. No strong evidence that a tour with both Stevie and Lindsey was off the table from before the negotiations.

There's nothing inconsistent with the bust up having been about touring details and Mick and other members then not feeling good about continuing with Lindsey. A plausible scenario is that due to the nature of the discussions on touring a majority of the band decided that they didn't want to tour with Lindsey, the 'bad feeling' being caused or (more likely I believe) intensified by touring negotiations. EDIT: As an example, if the other band members decided that Lindsey was being an *ss, then that could easily have put them off and even later compromises by Lindsey would be too late. (I've discussed this possibility above.)

None of that is incompatible with a scenario where Lindsey being more agreeable during negotiations, from sufficiently early on, would have led to a full Rumours line up tour. Note that a full Rumours tour with a Stevie not being happy is entirely plausible - it's happened before.

Last edited by Ench; 08-31-2018 at 01:27 PM..