View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
with the original classic 4 all over 70, calling it a new band is funny and pathetic and hilarious all at the same time.
It's quite pathetic, to be honest. You fired someone because of an ultimatum and business issues (logistics/branding/marketing) that followed. All this so you could continue to sign and tour for millions of dollars. That's what happened.

Stop painting it like it's a new band that you're excited to offer the fans.

Luckily for Mick, he knows most of the fans don't care who plays in the band. They want hits. The promoters want hits. $tevie Nick$ will twirl, he'll make faces and they will do this all behind the mask. (pun intended). They will even package the blues FMac in there for the die hard that might be swayed.

What's glaring to me.. and not mentioned often... Is the fact that they mentioned possibly recording with this line-up. That screams of $tevie's hatred of working with Buckingham. And of course her pointed comment about not playing pre-B/N tunes due to a certain member. (classless as usual $tevie)

On a positive note: I'm glad we got BuckVie. I think it's an amazing little album. It demonstrated just how good the four instrumentalists are as a core, and as a team. The chemistry is still there and very tight.

But at what cost. For those of you that believe $tevie was bothered by them doing this album, I agree 100%. There were a few quotes both from $tevie and McVie about her feelings on the album. Christine said something like, "I played it for her and she liked it." And then said something sarcastic. $tevie said she certainly didn't understand the premise. And went into her album $ales speech.

And this is going to sound a bit crazy; but, I didn't see any excitement in Mick during the BuckVie documentary. I heard the words coming out his mouth about how amazing it was for those two to be recording together.. but my spidey sense detected he was a bit uncomfortable with it.

I will say he and John sound amazing on the record. The more I listen to this record, the more I admire it's brevity and sparse arrangements. The vocals are superb and very pleasing to my ears. The two of them singing the chorus on Love Is Here To Stay still gives me old FM goose bumps. And even the cheesy Feel About You gets my judgey friends singing the chorus.

I hope we see more of Lindsey Buckingham. He certainly led the charge in doing what wasn't expected of him. Putting his art before the almighty dollar. And as much as I loved As Long As You Follow and BTM. The wind from the classic line-up dried up eventually and we got the Time album and FMac was dying on the vine. Both financially and in terms of a band with chemistry. At least when LB came back, the nostolgia carried them into validity. And his songs on SYW minus WTWCT... are a bit daring.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 05-07-2018 at 08:01 PM..