View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Lindsey has often said that he felt like he was part of a cabaret act whenever he played the old songs
But that's not what he meant. He meant that Stevie and Christine (this was in 1984) were doing their old songs in concert but not presenting them in new ways; they weren't making a new statement (in his opinion) with their hits. They were relying too heavily on the Fleetwood Mac brand. He wasn't criticizing the fact that they were playing some old material, but that they weren't presenting it as a concept distinct from Fleetwood Mac concerts. (I guess he forgot about Stevie's presentation of Rhiannon in the original piano ballad style.)

Quote:
I see both sides here, and think it’s probably the best overall outcome for all parties. Lindsey never has to worry about band politics or not moving forward
It's potentially great for Buckingham because the band conventionality and politics have always been a millstone around his neck.

Quote:
and the band has a pretty killer new lineup doing songs I never dreamed I’d get to hear (Man of the World being atop the list).
How do you know you're going to hear "Man of the World"? Did they announce that one, or were they just tossing out some ideas that may or may not be realized?

moviekinks.blogspot.com