View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Keeping in mind Mick was working his coffee table book on the pre-1975 years last summer…

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/f...erhood-w499636

Quote:
Rolling Stone: Are You thinking at all about the setlist? Will it be very different than the last tour?

Mick: Yeah. I was in Italy recently and met Stevie out there. Actually, she was in Capri and I was close to there. She says to me, “Let’s sit down and really listen to some stuff that sort of almost got forgotten.” So I know she’s already thinking she wants to do some things we haven’t done in years.
Lindsey has often said that he felt like he was part of a cabaret act whenever he played the old songs, so I could see him having an issue with the concept of getting into the early stuff, but especially right after playing new music from what was a Fleetwood Mac album credited to another entity. However, the stage was set…

Then he was fairly disengaged from Stevie during the Classics, and made an unfortunate comment about taking the money and run (telling the world his heart wasn’t really into it, which came through during the shows). Then came the concurrent tour/delayed tour talk…

Mick talking about how it was like using his muscle memory? I actually kind of get it. Look, I don’t fault Lindsey, but I also don’t fault the others. Lindsey was more in touch with going forward, the others (at least Stevie and Mick) were more interested in revisiting the past. Both are valid, especially in the wake of LBCM and around the 50th Anniversary of the band’s first album. But admitting your heart isn’t in it, acting accordingly, AND the whole notion of a concurrent tour is something I can’t imagine ever flying in any other band. I see both sides here, and think it’s probably the best overall outcome for all parties. Lindsey never has to worry about band politics or not moving forward, and the band has a pretty killer new lineup doing songs I never dreamed I’d get to hear (Man of the World being atop the list).

THE Stephen Hopkins