View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jools View Post
1987 - Lindsey quit/was fired

I do recall any ' there is no FM without Lindsey' (I may be wrong)

Billy & Rick joined and in my opinion the Tango tour was excellent

After Behind the Mask Tour/record & Time Christine left.
Again i do not recall any of this rubbish 'there is no FM without Christine'
As stated, social media like Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook did not exist in 1987. Many of us were disappointed with Buckingham's 1987 departure, but had no forum to release our thoughts, other than taking out newspaper ads.

Moreover, Buckingham chose to leave the band in 1987. This is hardly an equivalent comparison to what just happened in 2018. In addition, If Christine McVie had been FIRED due to her reluctance to tour, I can assure you there would have been outrage. Though again, only a few public platforms to post this outrage existed at the time of her departure.

Whatever the case, these people have the right to do as they please. This includes the decision to "water down" their brand. As a fan, I'm sure I'll get over it as they move "on with the show". This watering down, however, does nothing to inspire me to shell out money as a consumer of their product. At my age, having lunch at McDonald's just doesn't sound that appealing.

As a devoted fan of more than 40 years, I've always been first in line to buy the product. I can tell you first hand that the 1987-1990 performances were bland and uninspired. What's more, I am not alone in this sentiment. The opinions regarding the lackluster energy of the "Behind The Mask" lineup are well documented. Billy Burnett and Rick Vito are OUTSTANDING musicians, it wasn't their fault. Unfortunately, you just can't replicate the magic that happens with the Rumours five lineup. Mike Campbell is one of the top guitarists alive today. His sound is iconic, but it's not Fleetwood Mac.

I wish the current lineup no ill will. What's more, I don't think their ticket sales will be hurt one bit. I think this tour will make exactly the same amount of money as any other. Most casual American music fans are happy with whatever processed crap that the industry is ready to serve them. The Fleetwood Mac brand will continue as a money making machine. This does not change the fact the the firing of Lindsey Buckingham was in poor taste, no matter who made the decision. The cash flow will continue, but the artistic integrity will be diminished.

#WhoAreYouPeople?