View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I know a lot of people, including myself, have been referring to the FM 2018 tour as a 'Farewell tour,' but I don't think anyone from the band has called it that, and I thought Lindsey might have even refuted that in an interview a while back. Seems to me Christine is sending a message with this current tour that she's completely energized and willing to hit the road again, both with Lindsey and FM, so I wouldn't be surprised if 2018 ISN'T the last we see of FM live, new music or not.

As for Carnival Begin and On With the Show possibly being left off this tour so they can include them on the next FM tour, that would be wishful thinking. They're singing Everywhere, Little Lies, Go Your Own Way, and a few other songs on both tours, so that can't be why they didn't sing them. Something I noticed about Christine in recent interviews for the Buck/Vie album and the rerelease of Mirage is, hmm, how can I put this... how uninterested she is in their catalogue. What I mean is, in one interview she gave to publicize the Deluxe Mirage, Christine admitted that she never got around to listening to either the remastered original album OR the disc of outtakes and demos the record company gave to her. She didn't even seem curious, and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if she still hasn't gotten around to listening to them. This is not a criticism at all, just a surprise to me. Christine seems like a very pragmatic person, and honestly, I could see she and Lindsey discussing the set list and agreeing to do 8 songs from the new album, and Christine suggesting they just perform the first 8 songs on the album, problem solved.