View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
It drives me crazy that Christine does not appreciate her solo work. She is such a group member and trooper. She puts the group and Lindsey above herself. I bet they practiced a few of her solo songs and Lindsey may have encouraged her to do them. But she chose to play her big Mac hits. I love her solo albums so much so it drives me NUTS to miss an opportunity like this.
I agree 100%! 'In the Meantime' was such a great album. Hearing "Friend" or "You Are" would be a dream come true. As a second choice, and probably a more realistic one, why can't they play something from her 1984 solo record? There were a couple of hits from that album, or they could take a little risk and play that wonderful duet song, "One in a Million."

To those who might comment that taking a risk is unknown to these musicians, I would respond that even doing this duo project in the first place was a risk. And playing eight new songs, and ending the shows with two new songs is a risk. Wouldn't it be splendid if they pushed the risk-taking a bit more in the second leg of the tour?