View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Just curious - for all of you that think SYW is so great....WHY is it that the band pretends that it never happened now, and play nothing from it?

Yeah, I guess they think it's great, too.
That's not a fair comparison at all. If Christine was not back in the band I am sure they would play songs from it. The album was not a huge commercial success and today the Mac sticks to only their hits with maybe two deeper cuts from the bigger successful albums. Commercial success means NOTHING when you rate an album. The most successful albums of all time are slick bubble gum pop. Some of the best albums in rock did not sell that much. I think Christine McVie (1984) and In The Meantime are awesome albums but not really commercially successful. Those reasons why Christine is not playing songs from those albums which is a shame. By your standard we get Big Love every time
Imagine someone saying Mystery to Me and Heroes are hard to find are not good albums because the band does not play any material from them.
I would love to hear Running through the Garden or Everybody finds out over Rhiannon or Gypsy ANYDAY

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-07-2017 at 02:39 PM..