View Single Post
Old 03-18-2005, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998
Why can't they let her live, and let her folks take care of her, and let the husband out from under his marriage to her? Everyone could have their way on this one... why such the long, drawn out drama?? Is there something there I don't understand?
Her husband has involved the court system, which has determined that she would have never wanted to live in this "persistent vegatative state" based upon testimony from the husband, brother in law and sister in law. That determination is what has brought us to this point because no matter what, a court has decided that it would have been Terri's wish that she would die instead of living in this type of condition. Essentially, everyone else's position, her parents (etc.) is irrelevant because the court has already determined that she would not have wanted to live this kind of existence.

At this point, most people take issue with this determination of Terri's will by the court system and whether the appropriate evidence was considered in this determination.

My issue is with the fact that they are starving this woman to death. How inhumane is that?

Well, someday when we're older
And my hair is silver gray
Unbraid with all of the love that you have
Like a soft, silver chain . . .

Last edited by Mad4stevie; 03-18-2005 at 09:08 PM..