View Single Post
Old 10-29-2020, 05:06 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
And she doesn't come off so great in that regard in Tom's bio. She saw Jane Petty as the weakest link in accessing Tom... Jane had a weakness for cocaine and Stevie freely indulged her to get her and keep her on side. The biographer clearly presents it as Stevie used Jane to get nearer to Tom.

Also, in the book where Tom himself vividly describes his relationship with Jane as abusive and loveless for many years at the end, Stevie is quoted as saying their marriage was sooo loving and magically fabulous and denying Tom's account. I think if anyone knew better it was Tom, as it was HIS marriage. One of his daughters also said she didn't see the bad stuff, but then, she was a child and these were her parents whom she loves so it's to be expected she wouldn't be maybe as aware of what was really going on. Stevie on the other hand just comes off as someone who doesn't really pay close attention to what is going on with other people around her and still thinks she knows best. I mean, who the hell thinks giving your pal your full dose of prescription meds to see what happens is a good idea?? Or lets her dog eat cocaine??
I remember that from the book, that she would show up at Jane's house with cocaine. I would think Jane would've been able to buy her own blow, but it does complicate things, and there are people you do it with and develop a bond with over it and those people can get in your head. I'm sure Stevie did really like her and did want what she saw Tom and Jane had at the time (and she didn't), and also did want to "have moments" with Tom as well.

I thought the dog doing coke was an accident. Those itty bitty dogs?