View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I think that's why I at least respect Peter Green's approach to the blues a bit more... he made it his own. He didn't try to sing like anybody else. He didn't try to carbon copy his pacing and tone on his guitar.
You don't have to be of color, and born in the southeast U.S. to experience prejudice, and bigotry. Peter Green was born into a blue-collar family of a Jewish butcher in England. Compare that to Mike Bloomfield, who was Jewish from Chicago, who had a father that made a fortune from his invention patents. Especially living in England, Peter Green suffered more anti-semitic behavior than Mike Bloomfield. Yet both must've experienced that pain of rejection just because of their religion, and appearance. Of course they weren't poor enough to pick cotton for a living, but they experienced the same pain of rejection because of who they were. Is it any wonder why Peter Green, and Mike Bloomfield's work over forty years ago is still appreciated? Personally I hear more pain through Peter Green. It's very real.

Last edited by slipkid; 04-04-2010 at 12:01 AM..