View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 11:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjpdg View Post
I agree wholeheartedly slipkid. Mick is pursuing the MFBB because of a love for that era of the band and a desire to recapture that time. Mick loves Peter and would probably cut off his right arm if he thought it would bring Peter back to play with him. At least that's how I see it. My personal dream is to have Peter play with Rick, and get John to sit in on bass, but that dream I'm afraid will remain so always, just a dream.

Thanks for the support sjpdg, I thought I was stuck in Bob Welch era-fan purgatory for my blasphemous words . I like your idea of Peter Green with Rick Vito, since Rick Vito saw FM in 1968 in Philly at the Electric Factory. I think Mike Dodd is doing wonders to bring back the old Peter Green. I doubt it will happen, but I'm glad that Peter Green today is in a much better place than he was with Splinter Group.

Since Mick Fleetwood took over as de-facto leader after Peter Green left 5/70, he has realized for a very long time what that band lost. I've heard Mick Fleetwood's drumming for Eddie Boyd's sessions with Blue Horizon records. He had blues drumming down to a science. Yet today most of the fans from the '75, and beyond FM see him as the crazy eyed coked out maniac drummer during the late 70's. That's why the MFBB exists.