View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I’m still not convinced it’s that cut and dry.

I can easily see Lindsey (rightfully) copping an attitude that he couldn’t use the Fleetwood Mac name for LBCM. Then he made those ill-advised comments about the Classic shows. The chemistry between him and Stevie wasn’t there during those shows from what I’ve observed. Per his own comments, he asked for a delay and the negotiations became tense. I can’t imagine he was ever on board with exploring the pre-1975 material, which was obviously important to Mick at that point. Something minor and ridiculous like mocking Stevie during her speech became the last straw for Stevie, but he’d burned enough bridges within the machine (ie Mick and Azoff) that there wasn’t anybody left to smooth things over, except Christine, but she’s a company gal (LBCM liner notes) and it was out of her control by that point.

It sucks, but he proved to be easily replaced for the purposes of having a massively successful tour. Maybe keeping his head down, minding his P’s & Q’s, and playing along would have behooved him the second Tom Petty’s guitarist and Stevie’s good friend became available and Mick was going to New Zealand to record with another art rocker. P
I don't buy any of that except the burning bridges happened over time. These two have hated each other for a very long time. Those bridges have been on fire for years.

Exploring pre material?? Maybe your speculation was correct and LB didn't want it and they figured out he was right and dropped all the good tunes they started off with. Mind you, I loved pre-1975. So, I'm with whomever wanted to do it. (Sans Sleezy ruining Black Magic Women.)

But, the reason Lindsey was ousted was because Sleezy went to mgmt. I've heard that from enough sources to believe otherwise.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 02-24-2020 at 07:51 PM..