View Single Post
Old 08-31-2004, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

In his Q&A here on The Penguin back in 1999, Rick Vito said there was no great meaning behind the cover for 'Behind The Mask,' and he wasn't wild about the choice.

Here are the two comments he made about it....

"I did not like the album cover with the "symbolic" characters. I don't know where that idea came from but it was not intended that way. I was voted down on that one. There were much better choices in my opinion. That record should have made every attempt to strengthen our identity by showing who we were "behind the mask", but it wound up being too mysterious after all."

"Here's the truth as I remember it. It doesn't mean anything! As I mentioned before, I did not like the cover but was voted down on it. The photographer had the idea of putting six people together who were not us. He did this on his own. People said, "Oh..it's like their alter-egos there", but really it was not planned out in any way that I'm aware of. I think the effect was confusing. Thanks for your sentiments."