View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I can't really get into the words, because I don't know what "all dressed in blue" has to do with personality type. I don't know what he means about the person, disinterested, above it all. It's hard for me to grasp what he's describing. Perhaps the movie would give me insight.
i'm thinking of something like saying "whatever" to anything that he has to say or may want from her

i agree that "all dressed up in blue" seems to be more about the simple rhyme then something deep, but somehow it just fits into the picture of a little girl all made up / dressed up in what she considers the latest and greatest. (i'm judging by my daughter who likes to dress up and make up clothes combinations that nobody else would come up with - definitely expresses her personality!)

Quote:
But when he does the twist and says he wants to open up things for her when "she acts like me" I did think of his comments about Stella.
yeah... he's egocentric - wants to see himself in his daughters and then it's all better and he would give them anything

Quote:
As for the playing, I think it's less detailed than his work on Sick of You and Brother and Sister. I don't dislike it, but I don't notice it.
i agree with that. but still like the simple clean melody in SALU.

guitar playing and arrangements i like better in the other 2 and Always Judging. and then there's that mandolin in most of those songs that makes them sound so Mediterranean (and being from the region originally, that's something i grew up with, it was in the background all the time, so it's a bit weird to hear on LB's songs).

he doesn't play the mandolin btw, someone else is listed in liner notes... i have to get the CD out of my car and transcribe those one of these days when i have a bit more time.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"