View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Thanks.

You know, if she was talented enough to actually play an instrument(not counting her ONE "F" chord on a 100K piano ), people would consider her a "band member".

But the fact that she LACKS that talent, makes her the "leader singer"???

Oh Moses, smell the roses!!!
the thing is, if she put some effort into it, she could be not bad. Even Christine once said she thought Stevie should play onstage so she could be seen as a musician not just a singer. But that would take a discipline she doesn't have.

If you listen to earlier demos her playing is not bad at all. Not Great, but decent. Sisters of the Moon comes to mind. I think when she joined the band her much lower skill levels were much more exposed and she tried a little harder. She even played guitar onstage early on. But Lindsey kinda nagged at her to practice and have the discipline and she didn't (like when she talks about having taken guitar lessons growing up... she learned 3 or 4 chords, enough to go write one song, and then decided hey i don't need to keep taking lessons!). And very quickly she was never onstage with a guitar again and her piano playing was back to ding-ding-dong. It's so sad to me to hear her more recent demos even things like Thrown Down where it's just her banging on one same chord over and over and over again..... her melodies are good but man.....when I compare that to Sisters, it's so sad. But when you're a legend you can poop out random notes and someone will professionally arrange them for you and turn them into gold and you can delude yourself it was all you.